OMBEA Response is being blocked
OMBEA Response is being blocked and cannot work properly. Please ensure that Microsoft PowerPoint and OMBEA Response have full privileges. If the problem persists please contact OMBEA support.
There could be one of two causes for this problem.
Possible Cause A
OMBEA Response ‘lives’ in Microsoft PowerPoint but uses Microsoft Excel to draw graphs. Sometimes the connection between OMBEA Response and the Excel chart can become corrupted, resulting in this error message. The latest versions of OMBEA Response features a Session Auto Repair tool which can check your presentation for this error and attempt to automatically fix it for you.
Possible Cause B
The Microsoft Office plugin ecosystem has one problem in that it does not effectively isolate plugins from one another. OMBEA Response lives in PowerPoint and uses Microsoft Excel for its charts, which means this problem could stem from either PowerPoint or Excel.
It’s hard to say which of the two causes described above is responsible for the problem on any given computer, so you should try both fixes below.
- Make sure you are running the latest version of OMBEA Response (You can check and download the latest version here).
- On the OMBEA Response toolbar, click Presentation Settings
- Scroll down to the Miscellaneous section and set Session Auto Repair Mode to Full.
- Now quit and relaunch OMBEA Response, open your file, and test it to see if the error message appears. If it does, continue to the next step.
- Follow the instructions here to try disabling your add-ins one by one, in both Excel and PowerPoint, to find the culprit.