Missing OMBEA Response Ribbon
After opening OMBEA Response the OMBEA Response tab is not shown in the PowerPoint ribbon.
This could be for one of two reasons:
The Microsoft Office plugin ecosystem has one problem in that it does not effectively isolate plugins from one another. OMBEA Response lives in PowerPoint and uses Microsoft Excel for its charts, which means this problem could stem from either PowerPoint or Excel.
- If OMBEA Response was involved in a Powerpoint crash the next time PowerPoint is launched it may ask the user if he/she wants to disable the OMBEA Response Add-in by showing the following message:
PowerPoint experienced a serious problem with the ‘OMBEA Response’ add-in. If you have seen this message multiple times, you should disable this add-in and check to see if an update is available. Do you want to disable this add-in?
If the user selects Yes this essentially blacklists the OMBEA Response Add-In by adding it to the list of disabled items preventing it from being loaded and added to the PowerPoint Ribbon.
Solution 1: For Add-in Conflicts
Office 2010, 2013 and 2016
- In Microsoft Excel click on the File menu.
- Choose Excel Options and then Options.
- On the left hand side click Addins.
- At the bottom of this new window there is a drop down menu. Change the drop down menu to “COM Addins” and click Go.
- Check or uncheck different addins and click OK.
- Repeat the above steps with Microsoft PowerPoint.
- We recommend you restart your computer before relaunching OMBEA and checking to see if the problem persists.
Solution 2: For disabled OMBEA Response Add-In
To remove the OMBEA Response AddIn from the list of disabled items
- Click File->Options->Add-Ins
- Select Disabled items in the drop down at the bottom of the window.
- Click Go.
- A small dialog listing the disabled items is now shown.
- Select the OMBEA Response Add-In and click Enable.
- Click Close and click OK in the PowerPoint options dialog.
- Close PowerPoint.
- Launch OMBEA Response. PowerPoint should now be launched with the OMBEA Response tab added in the ribbon.