Custom Session IDs
Your ResponseApps communicate with your presentations via an Internet connection. The ResponseApp knows which voting session is yours by way of a unique 6 digit code, known as a Session ID, that is randomly generated each time you set up a new voting session. You may also pick a custom Session ID which can be a word or acronym that is more meaningful, and therefore easier to use, for participants.
Defining a Custom Session ID
- Log in to OMBEA Connect connect.ombea.com.
- Click My Account on the left hand side.
- Under ResponseApp click Change.
- Enter a new Custom Session ID.
- Click OK.
Using a Custom Session ID
- On the OMBEA Response ribbon, click the ResponseApp button.
- A panel opens and you should see a space for you to enter your ResponseApp username and password. You will have been sent these by email. If you have forgotten your password, click here to request a reminder.
- Under Session Options change the setting from Random Session ID to Custom Session ID.
- Click Login.