Connect Your RemotePad
Connect and Customise your RemotePad
The RemotePad is a presentation remote which is designed specifically for use with OMBEA. In addition to controlling your PowerPoint slides, you can use it to control OMBEA specific functions such as inserting questions on the fly.
Before you Start
You will need your ResponseLink receiver connected.
Stage 1: Pair your RemotePad
In this stage we establish a direct connection between your RemotePad and your receiver. This ensures that only your RemotePad, and no other, can control your slides.
- If it’s not already visible, bring up the OMBEA Response 360 window by pressing CMD+1 on the Mac or clicking the Control Panel button on Windows. This option is also available from OMBEA Response 360’s Window menu.
- Click on the Response Devices button at the top of the window.
- In the RemotePad section of the window, click Pair.
- A dialogue box appears and you should see the words ‘Paired RemotePad Device ID’.
- Press any button on your RemotePad. You should see the unique Device ID of your RemotePad appear in the pairing window.
- Click Save.
Stage 2: Try out your RemotePad
- Press the Play button on the RemotePad. OMBEA Response 360 should open polling.
- If you have preset questions, use the Back and Forward buttons on the RemotePad to move through these questions.
- Use the buttons labelled P1 to P4 to access some of OMBEA’s custom functions during your presentation.
Stage 3: Customise your RemotePad
- If it’s not already visible, bring up the OMBEA Response 360 window by pressing CMD+1 on the Mac. This option is also available from OMBEA Response 360’s Window menu.
- Click Settings at the top of the window.
- On the right hand side of the Settings panel, scroll down to RemotePad Settings.
- Choose what you would like each programmable button to do by selecting from the drop down menus in this section.