Custom Report Templates
The following instructions are aimed at technical administrators wishing to customise OMBEA’s reporting templates. Only visual changes are supported, such as changing the fonts, adding a logo, or changing the report headers and footers.
Please note that user-customisation of the report templates is not an official feature of OMBEA Response and as such is a feature we may not be able to support in the event that you face problems.
Before you start
- Ensure that you have administrator rights on the computer. Administrator rights are required in order to modify the OMBEA Response report templates.
- OMBEA Response’s reports use Microsoft Excel templates that are installed alongside OMBEA Response. Determine the file name and path of the report template that you wish to modify. The following will help;
- The report templates are located in the resources\reports\templates subdirectory of the OMBEA Response installation directory. For example, C:\Program Files (x86)\OMBEA\OMBEA Response\resources\reports\templates.
- Each report template file name is suffixed with the two letter ISO 639-1 language code for the report (See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ISO_639-1_codes).
Suppose you wish to to modify the English version of the Question Report and OMBEA Response is installed in directory C:\Program Files (x86)\OMBEA\OMBEA Response.
- The file you need to modify, using Micropsoft Excel, is C:\Program Files (x86)\OMBEA\OMBEA Response\resources\reports\templates\question_report_en.xlsx.
- Make a backup copy of the original report template file and save it somewhere outside the OMBEA Response installation directory. This is handy in case you face issues and need to start again.
- Open the report template in Excel and customise it. Only visual changes are supported, such as changing the fonts, adding a logo, or changing the report headers and footers.
- Save the customised report template. Do not modify the path or file name.
- Make a backup copy of your customized report template file and save it somewhere outside the OMBEA Response installation directory. This is handy in case you face issues and need to start again, or in case you wish to repeat the process on a different computer.
- Close Excel. This is criticial in order for OMBEA Response to be able to generate the report.
- When generating the report from OMBEA Response your customizations should now be included in the generated report.
Warning: When you install a new version of OMBEA Response on the computer, the current version, including its custom templates, will be removed. You will need to follow these steps again in order to reinstate your custom report templates. You can use your backup copy from step 5 above to save time.
Note: OMBEA may update the report format or the data underlying the reports in future versions of OMBEA Response without notice. This may require any user-customised report templates to be updated accordingly. It is the responsibility of the user to perform any such updates of a customised report template.