Your First Link Stream
Before you start
- Make sure you have decided what questions you will ask in your stream. If you haven’t already done so, use our Goal Planner to figure this out. It’s based on our years of experience in how to benefit from the feedback you’ll gather.
- Visit https://insights.ombea.com/ and log in with your Insights username and password.
- From the menu on the left-hand side, click Streams.
- Click on the + symbol in the blue circle.
- Click Create beneath Link.
- Click on ADD NEW BLOCK.
- Select the question type and add the details you are prompted for. To add further questions, click on ADD NEW BLOCK and repeat as necessary.
- Choose what happens after the last question. You can either redirect respondents to a specific webpage, or you can display a custom message.
- Click Next.
- Give your stream a name so you can identify it in your dashboard.
- Schedule your stream to start now or at a specific time in the future.
- Choose one or more Touchpoints. These determine how and where respondents will access your questions.
- Decide how you would like the stream results to be submitted. They can either be sent after each question, or all together at the end.
- Click Save.
You can share your Link more conveniently with a QR code. Simply place the printed QR code at key locations where people will be likely to see it. There are many free tools to generate QR codes online, and modern browsers such as Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome can do it directly within the address bar.
If you use a QR Code, think about novel places to put it. Your dwell zones are a good place, such as in changing rooms or in the queue. People are typically on their phones at that point anyway! Our article on getting more Link Stream feedback can help.
Your stream is now ready! Depending on the start and end times you defined, you can access it by visiting the web address you chose to publish it on. The results will appear in your dashboard which you can access using the links on the left-hand side of the Insights screen.
You can change the appearance of your Link (fonts, colours and so on) using custom CSS. See Custom-Designed Website Widgets and Links.