Your First Website Widget Stream
Adding a Website Widget is a two-part process.
First you will add some special code to parts of your own website. This code calls up the Website Widget.
Then you will create a Stream which tells the Website Widget what questions to ask and when.
Before you start
- Make sure you have decided what questions you will ask with your Website Widget.
- Make sure you have a Touchpoint for the web address where this Widget will appear. This will usually already be set up for you.
- Make sure you have admin access to edit the code on your own website, where you will be adding these widgets.
If you haven’t already done so, use our Goal Planner to figure out the questions you will ask (and more). The planner is based on our years of experience in how to benefit from the feedback you’ll gather.
Part 1: Add the Website Widget code to your website.
- From the menu on the left hand side, click Touchpoints.
- Select the Website Touchpoint you are using for this widget. Click Edit.
- On the Installation panel, you will see some code, under the heading Add this snippet to your website. Copy this code.
- Paste the code you just copied just before the closing