Connect Your RemotePad
Connect and Customise your RemotePad
The RemotePad is a presentation remote which is designed specifically for use with OMBEA. In addition to controlling your PowerPoint slides, you can use it to control OMBEA specific functions such as inserting questions on the fly.
Before you Start
You will need your ResponseLink receiver connected.
Stage 1: Pair your RemotePad
In this stage we establish a direct connection between your RemotePad and your receiver. This ensures that only your RemotePad, and no other, can control your slides.
- Click ResponsePad on the OMBEA Response toolbar.
- At the bottom of the window that appears, click Pair RemotePad.
- A dialogue box appears and you should see the words ‘Paired RemotePad Device ID’.
- Press any button on your RemotePad. You should see the unique device ID of your RemotePad appear in the pairing window.
- Click Save.
Stage 2: Try out your RemotePad
- Press the Play button on the RemotePad. Your presentation should start from slide 1.
- Use the Back and Forward buttons on the RemotePad to move through your slides.
- Use the buttons labelled P1 to P4 to access some of OMBEA’s custom functions during your PowerPoint presentation.
Stage 3: Customise your RemotePad
- Click Settings on the OMBEA Response toolbar.
- On the right hand side of the Settings panel, scroll down to RemotePad Settings.
- Choose what you would like each programmable button to do by selecting from the drop down menus in this section.
In OMBEA Response set buttons P2 to P4 to insert a two, three and four option multiple choice question respectively. This way you can deal with on-the-fly questions much more effectively during a live PowerPoint presentation.