Up until now, you were only able to choose between two indexes when using Ombea: Net Promoter Score and our own Insights Index. With this new update, it’ll now be possible for you to use the Customer Satisfaction Score (CSAT) or Customer Effort Score (CES).
Being able to change between indexes gives you a more layered understanding of your data. It also gives you more options for analyzing your data depending on the needs of your organization.
If you’re looking to measure customer satisfaction in the short-term, like at a one-time event, then this is the index for you. You ask your audience how satisfied they are with a particular thing or event, and then they answer on a scale of one to five, five being completely satisfied.
Where it might be useful
- You’re looking to see what people thought of a 3-day conference your organization sponsored.
- You’re running a temporary medical operation -- such as a COVID vaccination center -- and want a temperature reading of patient satisfaction.
- You’re looking to test out a new website layout for a few weeks and want to see what your customers think of it.
If you need to understand how hard it is for your customers to get things done with your company, then choose this index. Similar to CSAT, it is also measured on a scale of one to five. Contrary to CSAT, however, a score of five indicates that it is very difficult for customers to complete actions.
Where it might be useful
- You run an e-commerce operation and want to see how hard it is for customers to complete their transactions.
- You’re the Head of Customer Support and want to understand how easy it is for your customers to get their problems solved after reading the FAQ section.
- You’re looking to see how loyal your audience is to your brand. A high CES combined with a steady number of visitors could indicate that your audience is loyal, as they’ll go through the difficulty of interacting with you despite other easier alternatives.
Changing between indexes step-by-step
Here’s how to change between index types. Note that selecting an index is available for ExpressPod streams, as well as for individual smiley blocks on ExpressTab/Link/Widget/Public streams.
- On the Ombea dashboard, on the left-hand side of your screen, click on “Streams.”
If you want to edit an existing stream:
- hover your mouse/finger over the desired stream and click/tap once. On the right-hand side of your screen, you should see a large button that says “Edit.” You may need to scroll down on the right-hand side of the screen to see it.
- Click or tap on the “Edit” button.
- You will now see that there is a drop-down to select your index. Choose your desired index.
- On the bottom-right corner of the screen, there should be a green button that says “Save.” Click on this button.
If you want to create a new stream:
- At the bottom-right corner of your screen, you should see a blue circle with a “plus” sign in the middle. Click this button.
- On the next screen, please choose your stream type. Click on “Create” under the desired option.
- Proceed with stream creation following the prompts on your screen, including selecting your desired index from the drop-down.