ExpressPod Battery Changes
Your ExpressPod batteries have depleted, and you need to change them.
Before you start
- You will need a small Phillips screwdriver or hex key depending on what device you have.
- You will need 3 new D-Cell (LR20) batteries.
- Not all batteries are created equal! We recommend using branded batteries. We ship ExpressPods with ‘Duracell Industrial’ batteries.
Changing your ExpressPod batteries: EP-02
- Before you start, you must turn the ExpressPod off by sliding the power switch on the back to the off position.
- This procedure will expose the ExpressPod circuitry. Please take precautions to avoid a static discharge which could damage the ExpressPod.
- Each ExpressPod takes 3 D-Cell (LR20) batteries.
- You should be in an area with GSM reception for this procedure.
- Remove the ExpressPod question panel.
- Separate the ExpressPod from the stand.
- Important: Slide the ExpressPod power switch to the Off position.
- Turn your ExpressPod upside down on to a flat surface.
- You will see two small Phillips screwdriver or hex screws either side of the battery holder. Unscrew these.
- Slide out the battery holder and replace the batteries. Important: Ensure that you insert the batteries the correct way around, with the negative end pointing towards the spring in the battery holder.
- Replace the battery holder and re-tighten the screws.
- Slide the ExpressPod power switch to the On position.
- Reattach the ExpressPod question holder and stand.